Smocking is my favorite thing ever. If I could pull it off, I would wear it myself.
The problem- smocked dresses are very expensive- if you buy them new they could cost you anywhere from $30 to I have seen people paying $60. I don't even spend that much on myself let alone on a toddler who will probably get the dressed stained hehe:)
![]() |
| How sweet! |
![]() |
| Gracie's Easter Smocked Dress for $5 |
I have kept a few things for our next kid (if its a girl then she'll be set) but a lot of things I have sold because to be honest I don't have the room to keep everything- This girl has A LOT of clothes and shoes.
I also LOVE bows for Gracie. I found off youtube.com how to make bows and so half the time I make Gracie's to match her outfits. Lately though, she has been not wanting to wear her bows or wear what I want her to. She has to pick her shoes and outfits- Uh Oh!!
![]() |
| I things embroider too!! |
Being a stay at home I have found that ebay.com has the best prices in smocked dresses! I found a really cute pink Christmas dress with little skating bears smocked on it for $10- if you get really lucky you can find some for less than $10....
I love how smocked dresses are flowy (is that a word..haha)- so if you get them a little bigger its okay because it just makes it that more Presh-- haha I said I would never use this word because IT CRACKS ME UP (it means precious, so many people on FB use this term:) I bought Gracie her very first smocked dress at a thrift store for get this- .50... Yes, for real-- its a 24 months but she has worn that thing for the last year and half:
![]() |
| Noah's Ark Smocked Dress for .50 :)) |
I also Love boutique stuff but I don't have the know how to make those things- so I found ebay that you can buy boutique things for a great price also... Just keep checking and I love to go to ending soonest rather than price- because sometimes you can scoop up the best deals that way!!
![]() |
| Boutique Jumper I just bought for $7 for Christmas! |
On a side note: I guess I'm a little old fashion when it comes to dressing Gracie for church. I think little girls should look like little girls and I love putting her in dresses with frilly socks and little leather dress shoes and big bows!
Happy Shopping!
Happy Shopping!




