![]() |
| 8 months Pregnant at my baby shower |
They are so right. What is sad is I look at her and then look at newborns and can not remember her being that small at all. Its almost like a blur.... I do remember though the days leading up to her birth.. I remember being so tired, because I couldn't get comfortable enough to sleep and wished and hoped and prayed that the DR would induce me... never even thinking about a possibility of C-section--- Ever! I went into the hospital at 10pm on 4/6 and did not progress at all- They gave me potocin for over 18 hours until they finally said "Your gonna need a c-section or we'll send you home".. This was Gracie's actual due Date 4/7/09
| Signing my life away- haha! |
The "Sending me home part" was not happening - with all that medication in me and my aunt having lost her baby from being sent home it was not an option. I was soo soo hungry, tired, uncomfortable- SCARED! I said okay- and away I went (without Stephen, my rock) They had a hard time getting the IV in me right and they had a hard time doing the spinal... I had never had surgery before so being wheeled into an operating room was the scariest most exciting moment of my life.. Stephen finally came in all dressed in scrubs and there I was ready to meet my "Gracie Girl"... I remember the doctors talking about what they had for lunch or what they were doing that weekend.. haha I felt like screaming- STOP TALKING haha focus on me but to them it wasnt a big deal:)
| Her first cry! |
I also remember telling the Doctors to make sure she was still a "girl" haha... Then my dr says "she has lots of black hair"- this made me smile oh so much!! Then I heard the most sweetest sound: Her cry! People who have had children told us that it is an amazing experience and its hard to describe- in that moment I understood what they meant... Its almost surreal this wonderful feeling you get... This long awaited little person is now here that you and your husband created- one word "AMAZING".... I immediately started bawling - yes bawling-- I was so overjoyed that I couldnt control it :) Because of my blood pressure and being SO drugged I didnt see Gracie for over 5 hours! Then when I saw her it was love- sweet love!!!
| Meeting my Gracie Girl for the first time |
| Love you, baby girl! |
| I will always love you! |
Here's to the best 2 years of my life and many more to come. We love you so so much, Gracie girl!
Happy 2nd Birthday!
Love Always,
Kim
:Please scroll down and mute the player before watching this video:

No comments:
Post a Comment