Thursday, July 7, 2011

Go ahead- Pull those weeds!


Jesus says, “The Kingdom of Heaven is like a man who sowed good seed in his field. But while everyone was sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat, and went away.” Matthew 13:24-25

I found a really awesome blog today Raising Homemakers. She posted the other day about weeds and how much they consume your gardens and flower beds. I'm the one in the house that weeds. I really dislike doing it. Its a lot of work and plus its very hot outside but after it gets done I feel so much better because: 1. I just put in a lot of hard work 2. I love to see how clean it looks (I love cleanliness). Ha!

What I find so amazing about weeds is how fast they grow. Before you know it- the weeds you just pulled are turning into new ones. Ever so often we need to take a step back and pull the weeds in our life that are causing us to stumble.

I love this last statement she says: Pluck out the things that seek to destroy. Search your heart greatly and ask the Lord to expose any weeds that are crowding Him out.


Our pretty yard!


She brought so many things to my mind about what in our lives need pulling.. I recently had the tough decision to quite a club I thought was great. The girls were great, Gracie had an awesome time playing with their kids- but in my heart I knew this part of my life needed weeding. I started feeling the Holy Spirit whisper in my heart that I needed to be around other believers- that being amongst non Christians is okay but the friends you spend the most time with need to have the same faith and morals as you because in the end they will pull you down.

I also let the internet (Facebook) consume my life. It got to the point that I was missing out on time with Gracie and my husband because I wanted to know the latest news. I weeded and got rid of people I didn't know much or had never wrote to me or vice versa. I also fasted from FB for 2 weeks.



Love, 
Kim