We started putting Gracie in pageants when she was only 6 mths old. Her first pageant she won Miss Photogenic and 1st runner up. We were so proud. My mom her Mamaw has always taken her on stage- its almost like a good luck thing- even though we don't believe in it. Her second pageant she won 1st runner up also. As the years went on we have put her in more. She has won queen in every pageant since. The times I think she is sure to get 1st runner she surprises me and does so good. Her orange dress is a judge favorite. She has been in 4 pageants with this dress and won Queen in every one. Tiny Miss Olustee here in Lake City is a huge town pageant. I was a little nervous about putting her in it because the stage was huge. She did so good and took home the Tiny Miss Olustee crown, sash, and trophy (that was as tall as her). The moment she won it was almost like a Miss America moment LOL I almost cried. She rode on her first float later that month :)
On her first float at the Olustee parade
I was in pageants when I was little, and my mom as well. We love them. Gracie loves them too. We thought we would stop pageants this year but Gracie has been asking me about them. The other day she said "Momma, I LOVE pageants." Then she acted out her smiles and walk... She is the one who chooses to do these. She loves the stage and the stage loves her. She is a natural!
I'm so thankful for her. If she ever told me she didn't want to do them anymore I would be fine with it. I'm thinking in 2013 I want to put her in dance- ballet. I think that would help with her confidence and she loves anything girly!
If she were to become Miss America someday, that would be pretty cool too!
No comments:
Post a Comment