Tuesday, May 17, 2011

"I will Stand By You"

I'm not a huge fan of Rascal Flatt's, but this song came on the TV the other day while I was flipping channels and I fell in love with it.. It made me think of my sweet Steve.. I love the words- they mean so much to me and really is what our marriage and ministry is about.


Being in the ministry can be hard sometimes and other times very rewarding- seeing lost souls come to know the the Lord. The other half of the 50% is hard-really hard.. When you are doing something for the Lord- Satan is always there trying to bring you down and mess up the plans that the Lord has. Satan also has a way of getting into peoples minds and making them think and do evil things that they normally wouldn't do.. This "job" is not like others. I've heard someone say once that being in the ministry is like all other jobs and the answer is - No its not... its very different, its more demanding, its more emotional because you give your heart to it, and its different too because you involve your whole family in it..


I wouldn't trade this- "Job"... I have come to the realization that the Lord was preparing my heart many many years ago when I was younger to be in the ministry. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought I would have been married to a pastor. But, I can honestly say now that I wouldn't have it any other way.. The Lord gave me special spiritual gifts that I have realized are a help to Stephen.... I love working side by side with him... 


One day I may write a book on being a Minister's Wife... I know that the Lord wants me to share with other Pastor's Wives on what it means to be one- what to do when you feel like giving up and so on...




The song I posted is for my sweet husband Stephen. Who is my pastor, my best friend, the best daddy in this world. I dedicate this song to him.. I will stand by you, Stephen all the days of my life..


I love you now and always!


LOVE,
K

1 comment:

  1. K, thank you so much for that wonderful post. I love you soooo much, and I thank the Lord that I have you as my partner in life and in ministry! Love, Steve

    ReplyDelete