Thursday, May 12, 2011

If you Don't have anything nice to say..

The other night the old saying that we are told as kids came to my mind: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at ALL"... Why is that we teach our children this rule but do not listen to it as adults. I think sometimes people who are full negativity just thrive on it... I don't understand it and probably never will.

After becoming a Mom- Gracie has really showed me what it means to have compassion. What it means to have child like faith.... I love her innocence, and sweet spirit. She loves people and animals. Today, I showed her the movie "Charlotte's Web" and she began to cry at the beginning when the little girl "Fern" has to take the piggie out to the barn... It broke her little heart that the pig- "Wilbur" didn't have his Mommy there to comfort him... She kept saying to me "Hold him, Mommy"... she wanted to comfort that poor little thing:)




In that moment Gracie taught me something. When we see people hurting why do we turn away from them? Why do we act like nothing is wrong?!? We should feel like Gracie did with seeing that little pig hurting= to comfort him...

I challenge you today to comfort a person you see hurting... you could send them an email, card, or give them a call:)



Love, 

K

No comments:

Post a Comment